a gold pin topped with a sphere of opaque blue enamel with a frosted surface, punctuated with a repeating pattern of three leaf clover mounted with rosecut diamonds.
St Petersburg, c.1910
Workmaster: Alfred Thielmann
Presented in its original holly wood case, the lid satin stamped in gold:
‘Lacloche Frères, 15 Rue de la Paix, Paris [and] 2 New Bond Street.’
Fabergé was forced to close all of his premises after the Russian Revolution of 1917. His last sale in London was recorded on 9th January, 1917. Shortly after this entry, the shop on Bond Street was closed. The remaining stock was acquired by Lacloche Frères, who relined the holly wood cases with their own lid satin and sold the pieces from their shop at 2 New Bond Street.