An antique jewelled flower brooch,
elegantly modelled as a basket of flowers, set with rubies, emeralds, brilliant and rose cut diamonds.
Edmund Plisson, Paris, circa 1895.
3 cm across.
The brooch has the maker’s mark for Edmund Plisson dating from 1885 to 1898. Plisson who was originally partnered in Paris with M. M. Bottentuit went on to collaborate with Monsieur Hartz between 1898 and 1904. Similar brooches supplied by him in collaboration with Hartz are illustrated in Henri Vever’s ‘La Bijouterie Française au XIXe Siècle.’